Marco knows the secret to the ultimate Thanksgiving gravy and it starts with great Brodo broth. Stop by our West Village (Hudson) or Upper West Side (Broadway) Broth Shops for a gravy kit. It’s our Thanksgiving gift to you with any frozen quart purchase, while supplies last!
Here’s how to make the easiest Gravy:
- Using a 2-4 quart saucepan, melt and cook the contents of the kit over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 quart of thawed Hearth broth. Let it come to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes more, stirring constantly. Serve hot.
Like everything we do, the ingredients are all natural and gluten free:
gluten free flour blend, 100% grass-fed butter, sage, rosemary, sea salt, black pepper.
For our friends farther afield, here’s a from-scratch version that you’ll want to make all year round.
Marco’s Perfect Thanksgiving Gravy
1 Quart Hearth Broth
4 T AP flour (or Gluten Free Alternative)
1 1/2 T butter
1 T chopped sage
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a heavy bottomed pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and whisk until smooth, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes whisking periodically. (At the 5 minute mark add the chopped sage).
- Add completely thawed broth, whisk to combine, bring to slow simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
* Feel free to substitute your favorite herb. Rosemary, thyme or tarragon work equally well.