A foolproof recipe for Thanksgiving Turkey Gravy using Hearth Broth.
Makes about 1 quart.
1 Quart Hearth Broth
4 T AP flour (or Gluten Free Alternative)
1 1/2 T butter
1 T chopped sage
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
– In a heavy bottomed pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
– Add flour and whisk until smooth, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes whisking periodically. (At the 5 minute mark add the chopped sage).
– Add completely thawed broth, whisk to combine, bring to a
– low simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
– Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
* Feel free to substitute your favorite herb. Rosemary, thyme, tarragon work equally well.