How chefs really cook.
Sure, recipes are great when you have all the time (and patience) in the world. But, let’s be honest—there are few times during the week when that’s a reality for most of us. And yes, even professional chefs like our founder Marco Canora tend to go off-script for their weeknight meals.
Want to know a secret? A chef’s favorite type of recipe…is a no-recipe recipe. That means marrying fresh, in-season veggies with flavorful, organic bone broth.
And that’s it. That’s the recipe.
Broth is a great way to cook your veggies. It adds a meaty depth of flavor, plus it coats your ingredients in gut healthy, protein heavy goodness.
Try this ultra-versatile “no-recipe recipe” for yourself.
The No-Recipe Recipe
- A couple of cups of your favorite veggies and fresh herbs (we’re really loving the snap peas, carrots and green onions that are in-season now)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 22-oz. container of Brodo
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese and olive oil for finishing
- Chop your veggies in small even cuts, then sauté in olive oil for a few minutes in an uncovered pot heated to a medium-high temperature.
- Mince the garlic and add to the pot.
- Add the full container of broth, plus some salt and pepper—then cover the pot and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and olive oil on top.
View this no-recipe recipe on TikTok: @brodo_broth.
@brodo_brothYou need this ##noreciperecipe in your life. Like now. ##unionsquarefarmersmarket ##guthealth ##cookingtiktok ##easyrecipes ##cleaneating @marcocanora♬ SOLD OUT – Devin Kennedy