Chef Marco Canora’s Thanksgiving gravy recipe includes two secret ingredients that will amp up a traditional holiday staple: toasted flour, and gelatin-rich Hearth Broth.
- 3 Tbsp grass-fed ghee (or the fat from a roasted turkey)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1½ 22-oz. containers of Brodo Hearth broth, thawed
- 1 small clove of garlic
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375° and drop your flour onto a baking sheet.
- Once your oven is preheated, insert the baking sheet and toast the flour for 4 minutes. Let the toasted flour cool on a room temperature surface.
- In a 2-quart pot—melt your fat and add rosemary, sage, and garlic.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes and avoid browning.
- Slowly whisk in the toasted flour.
- Continue whisking and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add 1½ containers of Hearth broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning as needed…a squeeze of lemon never hurts!