This Brodo gazpacho recipe is dedicated to those who think it’s too hot outside to drink bone broth in the summer. While there are many health benefits to drinking hot bone broth in the heat, we get it – sometimes something cold is just what the doctor ordered.
We love to eat this gazpacho in a bowl topped with garnishes and some toasted bread or crackers. It also makes an incredible savory smoothie for on-the-go. It delivers the nutrition and hydration of a smoothie without spiking your blood sugar.
- 2 lbs. very ripe tomatoes (approx. 8-10 Romas, but any variety will do)
- 1 cucumber (approx. 2 cups)
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 2 medium celery stalks
- 1-2 Tbs. sherry or red wine vinegar (to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch sea salt, to taste
- 1 cup Brodo Grassfed Beef bone broth
- Optional: Olive oil, cucumber slices, feta cheese crumbles, sourdough croutons, etc. as a garnish
- Chop vegetables into chunks.
- Add all ingredients to a food processer and blend until smooth
- Serve in bowls topped with garnishes or pour into your favorite to-go cup.