Inspired by our recipe for Curried Chickpea Soup from our NYC shops, this Deeply Rooted-Chickpea Soup recipe checks all the Brodo boxes. It’s easy to prepare, delicious, nutritious, and can be sipped right from a mug!
The idea sprung from Chef Marco’s desire to create recipes that utilize our delicious flavored broths. Healthy cooking just got even easier! No need to bust out the Microplane to grate the ginger, nor do you even need to open your spice drawer and reach for the turmeric.
As always, this recipe is more of a guide than a set of rules. This soup would be delicious using red lentils instead of the chickpeas, parsley instead of the cilantro, or even Spicy Nonna in place of the Deeply Rooted (although you may want to add a dash of curry powder in that case).
Serves 1, but this recipe can easily be multiplied to feed multiple people.
- 1 single-cup pouch Deeply Rooted
- 1/2 cup cooked (or canned) chickpeas
- 1 large handful of fresh spinach
- 2-3 Tbs. fresh cilantro (no need to chop it, just tear it off the stem)
- 1 squeeze of lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (optional)
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil (optional)
- Heat the Deeply Rooted bone broth in a small to medium-sized cooking pot to a gentle boil. Meanwhile, put the rest of the ingredients into a blender (if you’re using an immersion blender, add the ingredients to a quart-sized Mason jar or similar container).
- Once the Brodo comes to a boil, carefully pour it over the rest of your ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!